Some parts of Australia are prone to cyclones and other dangerous natural conditions. In a cyclone the supply of drinking water may be compromised due to damage, unavailability of power or contamination of the water supply source.
Emergency guidelines require that a temporary supply of drinking water is prepared prior to the cyclone event. The ‘normal’ procedure is to fill the bath tub with water to be used in case of an emergency. This, however, can pose a safety risk, especially is small kids are present. In addition, the water may be contaminated as it is not covered and is normally discarded to the drain when it is no longer required.
The BluBag™ drinking water storage solution provides an efficient and cost-effective solution for water management during a cyclone emergency or similar events.
BluBags™ are an innovative and simple-to-use solution . It’s proprietary two-layer design includes a robust outer bag, providing strength and protection from the environment, while the inner layer (insert) keeps the water fresh and free from contamination. Inserts can be replaced when required, thus eliminating the need for cleaning and maintenance.
When not in use, BluBags™ are folded and only take very little storage space. When required for use, they are simply unfolded, filled and are ready for use within minutes.
BluBags™ are available in a range of sizes from 20 to 20,000 litres.
For the home, a 40 litre or a 100 litre is recommended for cyclone preparation. They can easily be filled from a hose and kept inside the house until they are needed. When the cyclone has passed, the water can still be used and is not wasted.
When emergency water is required in larger quantities (e.g. industry, hotels, airports), larger BluBags™ are available from 100 to 20,000 litres (industrial range) depending on the application.
- Simple to use
- Supplied with standards connections – just unfold, connect and fill
- Zero maintenance required and no need for cleaning – just replace the inner liner when required
- Folds away and requires very little storage space, unlike traditional hard-body tanks
- Reusable – easily restored to full functionality after use
- Food-grade inner liner keeps water tasting fresh and free from any chemical/plastic flavours for long periods of time
- Easily transportable and can be moved from place to place